I love the game 20 questions – one person thinks of an object, person or thing and then the other asks questions to work out what it is.
I also love tracking things – particularly my boys as they grow. We have the marks on a piece of wood where we track their heights as time passes. Every year, our photos get curated and we send off for a printed photobook to help us appreciate the year that has passed, the people and experiences that have made it up. But, I am a bit worried we might forget about some of the funny things they think as they grow.
Recently, I saw somewhere on social media an idea to ask questions each year and to track these – I love it! Here are my 20 questions with answers from my boys. My boys are currently 2 and 4 so your questions may be different. Which would you change and which would you keep?
Son1: Age 4 – very cooperative 🙂
Son2: Age 2 – struggled to answer any questions!
1. What is your favourite colour?
Son2: Blue – everything blue.
2. What is your favourite toy?
3. What is your favourite fruit?
Son1: Apple, as long as they don’t have bruises on.
4. What is your favourite TV show?
5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch?
Son1: Chorizo wrap
6. What is your favourite thing to wear?
7. What is your favourite game?
Son1: I don’t know.
8. What is your favourite snack?
Son1: Cereal bars – a whole pile of them!
9. What is your favourite animal?
Son1: That’s tricky to understand …. elephants!
10. What is your favourite song?
Son1: The big sing from Zingzillas – the banana car one.
11. What is your favourite book?
Son1: Book with no pictures
12. Where is your favourite place?
Son1: Belfast Zoo
13. What is your favourite thing to do outside?
Son1: Go to the park and fly my kite on a very windy day.
14. What is your favourite thing to have for breakfast?
Son1: Marmite and toast
15. What is your favourite thing to have for dinner?
Son1: Sausage pasta
16. What is your favourite drink?
Son1: Orange juice
17. What is your favourite holiday?
18. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?
Son1: All of your teddies
19. What is your favourite teddy?
Son1: Charlie Bear
20. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Son1: Fireman, policeman, coast guard, bird watcher, lifeboat worker, builder, architect – but I’m going to start off with the police man.